Vacancy - CCA Field Project Officer
- Work closely with project site communities to develop and implement adaptation strategies, including policy recommendations and adaptation measures.
- Work to increase resilience and resistance of vulnerable mangrove forest and, by association with linkages to coral reef, river and upland forest ecosystems.
- Implement pilot initiatives to strengthen the livelihood security of human communities in project areas through sustainable resource uses of mangrove areas that balances economic and conservation needs
- Increase capacity of local stakeholders to respond and adapt to climate change impacts, through localised awareness, training, site specific action plans and implementation of actions, specifically through coastal littoral forest and mangrove replanting and restoration.
- Liaise closely with site communities, district and provincial offices and relevant government departments to ensure synergy and support for site activities.
The officer will be based at the WWF SPP Office on 4 Ma’afu Street, Suva.
Interested persons are requested to apply in writing to:
WWF South Pacific Programme,
Private Mail Bag, Suva.